Friday, April 15, 2016

Field Research

After the initial problem statement was decided, I did a field research to Amanora Town Centre, Pune (A shopping mall), focusing mainly on branded retail outlets (Marks&Spencer, Nike) and also multi brand stores (Central, Mochi). Here's my schedule:


After talking to the respective representatives of each stores, here are a few conclusions and categorizations that I have made regarding my problem statement:

Segregation of space in a retail store

A rough idea about how footwear is arranged in storage racks

I also got into thinking about different packaging of footwear, what if it isn't the regular box-shaped? Would it fit the metal racks then? 



After categorizing the information collected through my field research, I did further mind mapping to get a clearer view about the desk research I'm going to do next.




---

What next: Desk research into details of storage (racks, sizes, types) and security (tags, EAS, RFID)


No comments:

Post a Comment